Learn how to use your sewing machine!
Do you have a sewing machine sitting at home and you haven't yet figured out how to use it? Sewing machines can be intimidating and that's why we offer private machine sewing lessons! We come to you, so you can learn to sew on your own machine.
The first lesson focuses on machine basics:
- Learn about the different parts of your sewing machine and what their purpose is.
- Understand what the different machine settings are and when/how to change the settings.
- Introduction to different machine stitches and what they are used for.
- Learn how to thread the machine and wind the bobbin.
- Sew! Practice sewing secure seams on practice fabric (fabric is provided, but please be sure to purchase a spool of thread for your machine prior to the lesson).
Materials to purchase before the first lesson:
- A spool of thread for your machine
- A bobbin (should be provided in the packaging of your machine)
- Seam ripper (usually included with a newly purchased machine)
- Fabric scissors (Fiskars work well, as long as you haven't used them regularly on paper yet!)
- Replacement needles for your machine
By the end of the first lesson you will have the skills to start working on your first project! Follow up lessons that focus on specific projects are available. Lessons are available for both kids and adults!
If you are interested please feel free to contact us for pricing and availability!